Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sketch This

You know what Saturday is right? I can hear all the cottage gals thinking........"hmmm, yes.....it's thrifting day"..........WRONG!

Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day! Yes, we have a day. It's another excuse for scrappers to congregate, scrap all day, eat m&m's, drink diet coke and did I mention scrap all day?


With this national holiday coming up, I thought maybe you'd like a few sketch ideas for all those layouts you're going to get done. Or perhaps you're new to this hobby and you have no idea where to start. Following a sketch is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. They are also a great way to step out of your regular design box, shake things up a bit.


I have featured a couple of sketch blogs in the past, but today Sketch This is my feature. Miss Janelle Richmond is quick with getting you hooked up with new sketches weekly.


There are great ideas not only for layouts, but for cards. Remember Mother's day is coming up. Maybe you should make a card this year? Like this sketch below.......this would be nice for Mother's day and it doesn't look too complicated. I love it.

You could have fun with these two. Use some coordinating paper and BAM!.......you've got yourself a master piece.This site has a design team, so with each sketch comes several ideas. I love seeing the same sketch done 8 different ways. Very interesting to see different perspectives.........keeping your mind open.............hmmmm, sounds like life doesn't it. We're all so different.......but so much the same.All the sketches could be adapted for layouts or cards. Nothing like being crazy.Love miss j. richmonds work!

Too bad I won't be scrapping this Saturday. SHOCK! HORROR! My in laws are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and I have to go. Gawd I hate being responsible........but if I come down with a cold..............

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

This looks like another great site. Thanks Alison

Allikaye's Mama said...

I MUSt be new to scrapbooking - because I have never known about sketches! I am so excited to visit that site - this will definitely help me be "creative" - I need some motivation at times!! Thanks!

Melissa Lester said...

What a cool idea. I have never even heard of this. I loved seeing how the different designers interpretted each sketch. Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

This is cute. I'll have to check it out! :-)Always wanted to start scrapbooking, and this might be a good start :-) Good luck with the 50th wedding aniversary arranging, and that uhm...cold! ;-)

Ps! Check out my blog today. I have made a cute little seed packet template for all of you :-)

ellencrimitrent said...

Hi Kim,

You are not going to believe this but my post today is about my sketches!!! Hmm did someone say jinx!!

{oc cottage} said...

I did think you were looking a bit feverish!

M