Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 9, 2007

About lil' ole me........



I live in the Pacific NW near Portland Oregon. I am a busy mom who adores her young son, teaches fitness classes, and who loves to decorate with anything found hanging from a tree. I love painted furniture, red doors, playing in my scrap room and will take years to decorate a room, just waiting for the perfect item. I didn't fall in love and marry until age 36. I almost didn't go out with him because he had an ugly black leather couch. He's the perfect man and stays out of all decorating decisions....... except he still won't let me paint a vanity that was his Grandmothers. In my spare time, I love watching Oprah and playing with my new fancy pants camera.I started to blog just over 3 yrs ago with my personal blog. Today's Creative Blog was thought up and started all within 5 min. I craved seeing new blogs that had creative projects, so I figured there must be more people just like me who wanted the same thing. I wanted to create a place where I could highlight another creative blog everyday........ it soon became just about everyday. Never in a million years did I think I would meet so many people who I really call my friends, even though I have never met them face to face. It's been a wild ride that I hope to continue.I get many questions about how I choose a blog to feature. When I come across a blog that tickles my creative side, I plop it in my FFF (future feature file) to save. I wish I was ultra organized and could say I pre-plan my blog posts for the week, month or longer........but truth be told, I scour my file on any given day that I think I have time to post. I find one that speaks to me......many, especially in the beginning are blogs I frequent.......and I create my post right there and then.If you have a creative blog or you have a favorite one that you know I'd love, please send it along. Krjdemmon@comcast.netPS. I would love to participate in tags, awards, etc..........but honestly I hardly have time to post. Thank you for thinking of me.

20 comments:

Victoria Hayden said...

Love your new "design" to your blog!

SmartPumpkin'sMom said...

First rime stopping by from SITS. I am pretty crafty and do like exercising. We have something in common already!

The Dapper Darling said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and the paisley and the whole dag on thing!!! Can't wait to read more!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

I love stumbling across new blogs - especially when they are locals! :)

Marianne said...

Wow, it is quite a service you provide here. So many beautiful blogs, so little time. Thank you for doing all the work for us and gathering so much inspiration in one place.
Greetings from the Netherlands, Marianne

Frugal New England Kitchen said...

Visiting from SITS and also follow you on Twitter!

Your 5-minute idea is a wonderful way to meet new people!

I subscribe!

hjn said...

Kim,
Love your blog! I have put a button "Get your craft on" on my blog! Have a great day!
holli
hjoi_nuc@yahoo.com
http://nobodyputsmamainacorner.blogspot.com/

trooppetrie said...

too funy that i commented about your daughter. i had clicked from someone else's blog to yours. i wish i could remember who it was now. but they were showing how they did there little girls hair. i promise your son looks like a boy, lol

Rebekah said...

Just found your oh-so creative blog and feel so inspired, I'm gonna link you on my little blog. Thank you for sharing that you found love at 36... Just turned 32 and still secretly hoping for a true soulmate. :)

Love the energy here!

Rebekah said...

LOVE your creative space! Thank you for sharing your love story that began at 36... I'm 32 and still hoping for an authentic soulmate and love!

Lisakay said...

Just visiting your blog for the first time and LOVE it! I already added the button to my blog and look forward to following you. Oh and Im a Portland Gal too so Id love to hear of any great finds in the area.

Joyeful said...

Now this is fun! What a great idea! I've been so inspired!

Self Sagacity said...

Overly protective is good. Came from Cherie's blog for Blue Monday. Your blog is unique - for sure! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi thank you so much for sharing as you do

I so agree with you about sharing and helping and being friends / sisters crafting If you ever are looking for anything please let me know ok

Thank You for being you and sharing with myself and others

Have a geat day
i also have a blog still trying to figure out how to set it up picture.s background et pictures of things i have made and am working on I love all kinds of crafts and galdly share whatever i can Look foward to becoming great freinds Fondly Bev

Jenny said...

Just found your blog. I really enjoyed reading it! Thanks!

Lori Anderson said...

Love your blog - such a great resource and soo pretty! I grew up near Portland and am dreaming of spring time in the Pacific NW (on a snowy Boulder day :)). I work with BlogFrog and look forward to seeing you around :)
All the Best,
Lori

Unknown said...

Hello! I just heard you speak at boot camp... you are wayyyy to cool for me :) I LOVE your blog - wow.

But, that won't stop me from entering this awesome giveaway!

I love the necklace 'Be Still'.

EMR said...

May I add your link to my blog? I'd like to tell others about your site.

Nancy Malay said...

I followed your link from "Where Women Create". Very inspiring blog!

Nancy

Ami Allison said...

I found you from Nestled In Rosenberg. I LOVE your blog....I could spend ALL DAY here! :)