Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hoping to Adopt……

Kara attending the Utah GNO too.  I swear I already featured her…..but she informed me I hadn’t………I showed one of her projects she said, but not a feature…….well Miss Kara….here is your feature!

Creations By Kara

After chatting with her through wonderful world of social media…….It was So nice to finally meet her in person.  Blogs are amazing.  I love the connections I’ve made.  Kara is another one of those crafty creative LDS women……but hold on to your shorts…..because not only does she live in Utah……but she RECYCLES!  Be still my heart!  Before I dive into all your creative talents, I wanted to point out what I learned while chatting it up.  She and her husband are looking to adopt a baby girl. She’s got 1000’s of boys and now wants a girl.  So if you know of anyone who is thinking adoption may be the best choice for them, send them Kara’s way.  What a great family to join. 

adopt 
button

Flower Rosettes- Kara has a passion for using drop clothes for curtains too…….and then decided she needed to make some cute little rosettes with some of the fabric.imageAnd stick them on the lamp you had already spruced up….isn’t that cute?image DO NOT go to her site if you are hungry in any shape or form………She really should have a warning on her site.  “DROOL WARNING – PROTECT KEY BOARD”!

She has SO many great recipes on her site.  All very family friendly.  I don’t remember what these were called, all I remember is they had peanut butter in them……that’s all I need to hear.image Which would explain why I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this Reese’s PB cake….AND….and it looks like she made his shortly before meeting me at GNO.  She could have brought me a piece of cake!  OH MY!imageHome Made Hamburger buns?  Seriously…… she needs another baby so she’ll stop showing off with that extra time.imageApparently, I’m the last person on earth to learn how you make your muffins into different shapes…..I showed you hearts yesterday and now shamrocks today.  She used tin foil instead of marbles…….The things I learn.imageimageI gotta get outta the kitchen……If I look at anymore of her recipes, it’s not going to be pretty.  I’m starving….

 

So back out to the garage….

She’s got a few pieces of furniture she’s redone.  It’s so amazing how a dated piece can look SO good with a bit of paint.image imageDon’t miss her Etsy Shop while visiting her site.  It’s to fund their adoption.  The girl needs a baby girl….Let’s find her one!

Enjoy- Please let her know how you found her.  It makes me look good. :)

Kara, it was lovely to meet you.

*****************

Don’t forget to leave a comment here to be entered in my monthly Lisa Leonard giveaway.image

Have you joined my feed?  Please do, I’d love to have you.

     image

22 comments:

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

How nice to meet Kara! Love her ideas...shaping muffins, how cute!

Unknown said...

Wow! Kara has it going on! Love the black cabinet:) Thanks for the ideas.
Becky C
Buckets of Burlap

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Love, love, LOVE Kara!

mommy2luke2008 said...

That cake looks sooo good!!!! Heading over to check out her site right now!

upnorthcin said...

she has such GREAT ideas !!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I love Kara! I am so glad that you featured her! : )

Anonymous said...

Kim, have I mentioned how much I ♥ you? Thank you so much for featuring me, and for helping me spread word about our adoption. Next time you're down visiting your sister, I'll make you an entire Reese's cake. Enough for the whole family!! *Hugs*
Kara

Bird said...

Great gal, great tutorials, great blog...and that cake!! Oh my!!

Oh I drooled over the peanut butter treats too!! :)

Love,
Bird

Maria said...

Great feature. I love Kara!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Kara! I love, love, love her!!

Decorchick! said...

What a great feature post! I love Kara's site, she's a sweetie!!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

1000's of boys, huh? I have only 6 boys and it feels like 1000's. What I wouldn't do for a girl! Maybe I should be looking to adopt too. Kara sounds like my kind of gal.

Tidy Brown Wren said...

Reeses + cake = love! Best wishes for her adoption. Thanks for sharing her story.

Kari Sweeten said...

Can I join this love Kara list...because I do, too! Kim, what a fabulous post!

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh my! Now I know what cake I'm going to request at my baby shower! Yum!

Heather said...

that furniture makeover might have inspired me to take another look at my coffee table!

byLGD Glass Jewelry said...

i love lisa's jewelry! i also loved that lampshade! cute cute!

Laura said...

So glad to have you back!! I love blog surfing, and yours is one I check every day! Thanks for always sharing.

malia said...

i didn't know about the muffins either.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Congrads Kara! You are so sweet! Well written post Kim!!

amy smart said...

I've just got to know Kara (and her blog) this summer and what a gal! AND she recycles!! So glad you featured her and helped get the word out about finding that baby girl!

amy smart said...

I've just got to know Kara (and her blog) this summer and what a gal! AND she recycles!! So glad you featured her and helped get the word out about finding that baby girl!