Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Best Bites

Do you have any cooking disaster secrets?
I do...........like the time I put in the peeling from the garlic clove in the chili instead of the clove........I didn't know. I thought that was the good part.........I know....what can I say? Now had this blog been around way back when I didn't know about garlic cloves, I would have had a much better chili.

Kate and Sarah with Our Best Bites has a very user friendly cooking blog. I'm a visual learner, so all their great photos of each step keeps me calm and confident that I too can make whatever delicious meal they've posted.
I also want to thank them for becoming one of my sponsors.
As mentioned, their site is very user friendly. They have a link for Tips and Tutorials..........God love'm. In fact they have a soft spot for cooks like me because they even have a HOW TO for garlic.......see. This could have saved me years of ridicule.........my friend Marla still laughs at me. If she could see me now.......I even have a garlic press.........and the jumbo size jar of chopped garlic in the fridge.
I LOVE seeing all the ingredients needed for a recipe. I don't know why, but it takes the "too hard" factor out of it.
These lovely ingredients make this yummy looking dressing.......... Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing. The name says "don't make me, I'm too difficult" but after seeing their photos........I can do it! If I remember correctly, they used this on their Chili Lime Steak Salad.......OH MY!How about this Thai Peanut number? This is something I plan to make very soon!
Great desserts too. They really have a bit of everything on their site. The Pizzookie........I've had this at a pizza parlor once and never once thought about making it at home.............until now!

I think I have ALL those things in my fridge RIGHT NOW!Love their photos............
You're probably wondering why all these eggs are wrapped in fabric.
Cute........but...........That fabric is actually silk ties........Why do they have eggs wrapped ties? Did I miss this decor idea in the latest Country Living?

Is it some new "green" way to use your old neck ties?

OH DEAR MOTHER OF PEARL.............. can you believe it? The dye transfers onto the eggs. Is that the most original idea of 2009 so far? They have a TUTORIAL, so we can all copy them and have wonderful decorated eggs for our Easter table to impress everyone around us. Stunned..........


Our poor husbands will not have one tie left in their closets...........they needed new ones anyway didn't they?

Enjoy visiting these two fun gals. Don't forget to tell them how you found them..........while there you won't be surprised by the cute blog design.......Shannon my gal from Eight Crazy designed theirs too. :)
Oh.....one more thing. Kellie from Don't look Now is having a give away.
Also.......what to get the word out about your blog? Add it to our new Chic Chick Media Widget.

23 comments:

SoBella Creations said...

Great site!

Love the ties idea.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

More delicious food - I love it!

Alexis said...

INCREDIBLE! Who would have thought of the tie idea?! Genius! I'm going to rumage through our closet- of just take a trip to Goodwill. Happy Tuesday

Taryn Zerner said...

Unbelievable! Like Alexis said, that's just GENIUS!!! I absolutely LOVE the "Tie"d-Dye Eggs! Thanks so much for sharing this great blog with us!
And many thanks to them for offering the tie tutorial!

Love,
Taryn

SavvySarahDesigns said...

that is AWESOME! TFS!! :)

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I had seen this egg dying technique. Why oh why have I not been collecting silk ties?! I have none! I'm thinking a trip to Goodwill is on it's way. This is so amazing! Thanks for passing it on!
Rebecca
RootsAndWings.blogspot.com

Sarah and Jack said...

Thats funny, I just saw the tie thing in a magazine today and was wondering why I had never seen it before? It does seem odd, but I need to find a tie to try it out like right now. LOL

Deborah said...

My biggest cooking disaster was when my oven caught fire, Christmas Day, when we had 22 people at the house for dinner. The last thing to do was brown the turkey.
Fortunately, my next-door neighbor was home and let me brown the turkey in her oven.
My sister tried to defrost a turkey in her clothes dryer!!! I'm not kidding!

Gina said...

Oh, this is great! I love that egg idea-thanks for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

Love Our Best Bites! Every recipe that I've tried has been delish!

jessiev said...

I just cannot get over the tie thing...I have to check that out! I'm pretty sure we have some funky old ties around here...love it! Thanks.

Jenny said...

I had never heard of the tie-dye thing until when I read this month's Family Fun magazine yesterday. They have a instructions on how to make them also, but the ones posted here are so colorful!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant brilliant brilliant use of ties!!!!! Really :)
This site looks great I'm off to check it out...and for the picture of yet another smoochable pup!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love the tie idea!!!

Linda

M.A. said...

I LOVE the idea with the ties! That is so stinkin' cute - I have never been able to think of any cute use for ties my husband doesn't want anymore.

Love it!
Melissa
thedailydear.blogspot.com

Kristen, pajama mama said...

no way....i don't believe the ties actually transfer...really? i'll have to check it out...
kristen

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

The Lime Cilantro Dressing looks so good. I think I am going to try it on Taco Salad. Thanks!

Mondaie said...

Your blog site is awesome!!! I get a lot of cute and delicious ideas from these sites...I just wanted you to take a peek at my sisters new blog at www.jdscandles.com she is so cute and very exciting to start this journey. Leave a comment! Thanks for being sweet! Mondaie Tuttle, oklahoma.....mondaysgirls@etsy

Sarah said...

I just can't get enough of this blog! Thanks again for all the inspiration you share! :)

feel free to visit me @:
http://sarahsew.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love the tie idea. I just never would of thought to do this. Thanks so much. What a great egg idea also. I love this place.

Kimber-Leigh said...

you HAVE to do the tie eggs...martha stewart actually featured the idea on her show 2-3 years ago...i tried it and had great results! it's super easy (no dye to make a mess either!) and they are just gorgeous! we're doing them again this year!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

I'm totally doing this! I had seen it too late last year and forgot about it this year, so THANKS for posting this right before my little eyes!

Tami

lyndsey said...

I left a pumpkin pie on the stove once...later I was going to cook something and turned on a burner. I accidentally turned on the one with the pie and it caught fire. There was ash all over the kitchen!

The eggs are amazing!