Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tracy Joy

Hello everyone! I'm back from yet another vacation. I'm ready to get busy..........ready to inspire your creative side during these wonderful Summer months.


Again, a BIG Thank you to Jennifer for holding down the fort while I was away. So much fun.


This is my first Summer with my fancy pants camera. I'm still trying to get used to the bulk, changing lenses, etc..... I am gearing up to buy one more lens........the 50mm 1.4 and I am looking for a new camera bag that will carry all of them........I'll have a total of 3. I want something stylish, functional and protective. I searched my local stores only to find bulky, ugly and over priced options. So I did what any girl would do..........I search Etsy. I found Tracy Joy. I am in love with her bags.
Man.........if I could only sew. Maybe I could take lessons along with Jennifer. I can't thread a bobbin either. I'm surprised I actually know what it is.Tracy has the cutest most functional bags, but what I love even more, is that she's a Stay at Home Mom who has created this amazing business so she can stay home. It's working. After having her son, she started with diaper bags when she wasn't happy with the current selection....she soon realized that they can also be used for cameras. Lucky me!


There are so many great fabrics to choose from. Which one would you pick?

Don't want to carry a purse with your camera bag? No problem.......she's got that covered with her accessories. I am loving the camera straps.........they have to be better than those bulky Canon ones that chafe your neck. I'm so sensitive.... :)Enjoy the rest of your Sunday........and maybe do a bit of reading at Tracy Joy. She also has several links to other blogs or websites.....usually photography. Sweet!

Edited to add: Sarah asked what kind of camera I have and what lenses. Well........so glad you asked. I have the Canon Xti with the basic lenses that come with it. The 18-55mm and the 75-300 mm. I am saving my pennies for the 50mm 1.4........would love to get the 50mm 1.2, but I would be saving for a very long time.

16 comments:

Jenn said...

I am in absolute LOVE of this idea. I dread carrying my camera bag. It is black and can only fit 2 lenses and it doesn't even do that well. But is was the only decent one in the 12 stores that I looked at!

Thanks for the tip! I can't wait to buy one of these PERFECT bags!

Sarah said...

Do you mind sharing what camera you have and what lenses too?

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

jennifer p was fun, but we're glad you're back. We are just getting ready to purchase a "real" camera since my little $100 digital just isn't cutting it. I never realized the extreme difference until I started browsing personal blogs recently and saw all the amazing pics. Love the bags.:)

Saucy said...

Thanks for a cute photo-related feature. I'm on my way now because I am totally in a photograpic mood these days... at the expense of everything else.

Connie said...

I have been looking everywhere for a camera bag for my Rebel XTi!!

I can't wait to see what she has!

Thanks for finding her....

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Thanks! I've been looking for a "girlie" camera bag!

savvycityfarmer said...

ooooooooh baby, I love it here...met you over at "thejoyof"...hey that's my name, Joy aka cityfarmer

please, let's chat
http://savvycityfarmer.blogspot.com
http://stuffintheburbs.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Such nice fabrics for a camera bag, a celebration of girly styles and design. I personally like the second one.

Paris Rags Romance said...

I love the brown and aqua scroll bag, just beautiful, your blog is very inspiring! Kimberly

Leslee P said...

I am having a give-a-way on my jewelry blog this week. Go and check it out... www.kikiandlele.com

Loving the camera bag... I need one inpaisley please.... HA!

Christina said...

I've been looking at her bags for a few days now and cannot decide which fabric I want. But I KNOW I want one!!

The Herres Family said...

What a great find! I have been looking for a great camera bag for a long time. I think these are the ones.

Karen of the KAGS said...

I just got my Tracy Joy bag last week and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Every girl with a camera (or a baby with a dirty diaper) needs one of these!

Janet said...

Glad to see you're a Canon girl, too! I've got that 50mm lens, I LOVE it! Next up on my wish list is the 100mm f/2.8...some day!

Those bags are pretty cool, going to check them out, thanks :-)

becky said...

thanks for sharing this! i'm going to check it out :)

meg duerksen said...

hey kim...i lost you for a week.
i don't know how i could do that?!!
i have been busy around here i guess.
lots of good picks this week!

i wanted to tell you...i have a 28 - 105 lens.
and i wasn't sure how i likes it all this time since i had nothing to compare it too.
i compared it recently and i now know that i LOVE my lens. there was nothing wrong with the other but it was big difference to me.
so...something to think about.
i want a 50 mm lens too. :)