Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Tara Whitney Photography

Tara Whitney {me}
Have you seen her photos? WHAT?! You must! Truly amazing shots. I had such a hard time choosing which ones to post here. I have a lot.........lots of eye candy for you all today.





Because of Tara (and Becky Novacek) I really really want to explore my options for getting more involved with photography.



Tara's photos speak volumes to me. I love the creativity she puts behind the lens, the angles......she sees stuff I normally wouldn't. The emotion just jumps out at me. Because of Tara, I think I have become a much more aware photographer for my family shots. Even if I don't have my fancy pants camera yet, I have started looking at my photo ops much differently.


You can tell Tara has such a great time with her clients and that her clients are obviously just as tickled. Makes me want to hire her, just to hang out and laugh. Sad that I would pay someone to laugh with..........but I probably would and at least I would have some great photos. :)
I am so envious of how much fun they're having........That is some good ole laughter going on if I ever did see. You can tell that Tara LIVES OUT LOUD!

This one below is one of her little guys. I love how you can tell he is so proud.........this isn't one of those photos where we beg our kids to pose.....you can clearly see he is bigger than life right there.........right at that moment.

This one taken of her friends baby leaves me speechless...................Pure beauty.

The colors, the happiness.....the family moment this catches. Love this one.

Another creative one with the same family. I love how the colors just pop!These family shots kill me! I love how you can only see the children's faces. This one could have easily been taken at my home. Love the black and white....the textures, the motion...........the moment.Don't you love how there are empty chairs behind her?

There are so many more photos on her blog and website. Be sure to check out her website too.........Love everything she does. I'm her new groupie. :) Don't worry Tara, I'm not dangerous.......I just like to laugh.

16 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Thanks for such a great blog! Love to learn about other creative people. Those pictures are incredible. Just wanted to thank you for posting about the acrylic circles. LOVE IT! Have been looking for something just like this. Thank you, thank you!

blessings, kari and kijsa

laura capello said...

omg, the *color*. love it.

Anonymous said...

My goodness she is talented!

Anonymous said...

tara is amazing...
I've been a big fan of her for quite a while now...she is just so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

TARA TOTALLY ROCKS!

i love her

{B}dreamy said...

I have seen her stuff. She's talented to boot! *B

Unknown said...

I've been reading Tara's blog forever. She's brought me to tears on more than one occasion and I am SUCH a huge fan of hers. I totally know what you mean about her photography inspiring me to think about mine more. I'm saving my pennies and waiting until my little guy is a little more compliant and I want to schedule a shoot with her at UCLA. It's where my dh and I went to college, we met there and it holds so many happy memories for us. I hope I can afford her! GREAT PICK KIM!!!

Vanessa said...

i have been a huge fan of Tara's for a long time! awesome stuff!!

Elle Jay Bee said...

I think I loved your commentary as much as those fabulous pictures. Thanks for enertaining us and bringing us the "goods"!!

linda

michelle said...

i love tara's work. it is so amazing and inspirational.

Jen Manuele said...

Tara is truly one of my biggest insiperers. She rocks! i want her to be my friend too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is amazing!

p.s. love your blog btw! Going back to peruse now... :)

Joy

emilia in Taiwan said...

I love the family shot too!! it is amazing that she could capture the sweetest things in the world!

sara said...

Wow!!! Great photography! Great job finding the good stuff, Kim!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

wow, I'm joining you as a groupie. Tara's work is stunning! Her photos tell such a sweet story....thanks for introducing me to her work.
Lidy

Dawn Alice Rogers said...

thanks so much for featuring tara. i had never seen her work but now i am definitely a fan! thanks for such an entertaining blog. it's great to read about other artists!