Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Harry Potter Birthday Party

I’m gonna try to stay focused while I write this…….I have 5 boys running amuck throughout the house playing nerf wars………why they don’t do this outside….or why don’t they play badminton since I just spent 30 minutes putting the net up…….

Martha Shmartha

You all know how I love a monogram right?  And this one just happens to be the same initial as my last name!  I think she should give it to me.  image But just in case she doesn’t send it to me, she’s got a great tutorial I can follow.image

Good Ole Freezer paper stenciling. image Lookin good….image  She’s crazy for her Silhouette too.  But I can’t for the life of me understand how she had the patience to do this.  So glad she did……it’s so cute.imageMore fun vinyl stuff using her Silhouette.  Adding vinyl to a mirror is such a great idea.image I can hardly bring myself to think about anything dealing with school right now.  But I know some of you are starting in August and we can always tuck away great teacher gift ideas.  image

Don’t you love it when a simple idea becomes something spectacular?

I mean a box of sugar cookies are a nice gift….nothing too WOW about it, but when you add the stamping to each cookie…….now that’s WOW!image Place them in a cute simple bakery box and you’ve got yourself a great gift.  This one may be perfect for my son’s middle school teachers.image Are you a Harry Potter fan?  Have you read all the books?  I read them all last summer.  I forced myself to start that first one……so glad I did. They were amazing.  Then I forced my husband to read them…..much faster than me, just so I could discuss it with him.

Anyhooo…..she threw the best Hogwarts party ever!  She really outdid herself.  image image Making her own flag using the Hogwarts crest, printing it on fabric……Great idea!  Then the cake!  THE CAKE!  It’s the snitch.  But the real fun begins when you cut into it.  Berts Beans fall out!  WOW.  So if you’re looking for ideas for the perfect Harry Potter party…….it doesn’t have to be a birthday party….you’ll have to check out hers.  image

Thanks so much for all the comments.  I love them and read each one.  You do realize that each comment left brings you closer to winning a Lisa Leonard necklace?  Yep it does.  image

Be sure to visit my featured blogger and smother her with pats on the back.  Isn’t that what you’d want?  :)

Now if you’ll excuse me while I get nerf bullets out of my tangled hair.

17 comments:

Mruna Mistry said...

OMG! I love that cake! I want a piece of it now!! How do the wings stay up like that!

Unknown said...

I stumbled on her party a while ago and have been crushing on that cake! so clever!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Cheryl said...

Love the teacher gifts. I am passing the ideas on to my crafty daughter and maybe she will be ready when the grandkids start school in Sept. Great ideas here. Thanks.
Cheryl Sims

Cathy said...

I love the Harry Potter party ideas! So creative. Now I'm looking for really creative ideas for a Twilight party for my friend who teaches 7th grade reading. Any out there?

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Bookmarking the Harry Potter party ideas -- I've got one in the future! : )

Emily said...

Wow, thank you so much for featuring me! I'm completely honored! So happy you loved all of my stuff!

FYI-The mirror wasn't done using vinyl! I actually etched it!

Thanks again!
-Emily @Martha Shmartha

Anonymous said...

How have I never heard of her before?!? Such cute ideas. I'm off to check out her blog.
Good luck with the nerf bullets. I find them all over my house. ;)

Bird said...

Soo coool!!!!

care said...

What great ideas!

Teresa said...

Is there JUST no END!
No END to the TALENT out there in BLOG-WORLD!
LOVE that teacher gift!
Now that would have been a KEEPER for me as a teacher!
Happy NERF balling KIM!
Like I said in my TWEET!
You are PERFECTION for BOYS!!!!
I know they had a BALL! xo

Ruthanne said...

Ok...I seriously need to know how she filled a cake with jelly beans. I can see one of those in my very near future. I'm off to read all her good ideas and add them to my 'to do' list.

Wendy said...

I am in awe of that cake!! I can see my son having a harry Potter b-day party in the near future!

Jessica said...

what a cool party!
oh, and i have a silhouette and LOVE it!

Shelly said...

Love the ideas! I'm always needing new teacher ideas, and Harry Potter is one of my favs!

HoosierHomemade said...

Love the little caddy for pencils etc, and I'm not even a teacher, but would use it.
And that Snitch cake...super cute!
Heading over now to check out the rest of the HP party!
~Liz

t said...

If I made those cookies for my kids' teachers all the other moms would hate me for being a total suck-up. And I wouldn't even care!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Oh, how I wish I had a silhouette!
Debbie