Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Organize your Crafty Self…..

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It’s a new year and I’m back.  Back in the saddle.  I took a couple of days off that lead to a couple of more days……..and so on and so on.  It was a great time spent relaxing, playing and thinking about getting organized.  Seems like the first of the year is a time that Blogs spring all their new changes on you.  The only change I’m going to make are my titles.  My blog titles will no longer be the person I’m  featuring.    I’m crazy like that.    

OK, back to getting organized.  Time to get our crafty supplies organized.  If you’re like me, they are all over, especially after the holidays. Ribbon everywhere, tag making spread out, stamps everywhere but their place……ugh…….I found the perfect blog to help us beat the creative clutter. 

CRAFTY STORAGE 

She brings you all kinds of storage ideas that she finds around the web.  She’s kind of like me…….doing the foot work for you, so you don’t have to.  She finds great ideas from other people, then brings them to you.  Love that!

I love to see the whole room.  I love this below.  So tidy.  Look at the ribbon storage on the top area of the peg board.  I like that.  I used to have mine on a dowel, and although it looks cool, it couldn’t be more annoying when a spool runs out and of course it’s in the middle….this would at least be quicker and easier to remove that middle spool.897428-3How about this beauty!  Do you think it stays this clean?  Nah…..main-frontI love these large storage tables in the middle of the room.img_4251This white bookshelf makes me drool.  I’d love a closer look.  I have been wanting to change my paper storage from my paper rack to all vertical storage like this below.  And that wall unit to the right.  Very cool.img_4926And you can never go wrong with labeled baskets.  6a00d8341d455053ef00e553ab48808833Like below….I’m seeing a lot of these clipping systems around.  This looks like one of the best ideas since sliced bread.  Simply Renee has many options.  I think I’ll be spending a bit of time at their site too.sg1I am SO doing this below.  Using CD cases to store my clear stamps. DUH!!!  I  have seen this before and keep forgetting. stamp_box What I’d like to know from you all…..how are you storing your foam stamps?  I have them in IKEA boxes……you can see mine here. 2007_0124studio0009  I’d like to store them differently since those boxes are taking up too much real-estate . 

One gal decided to use DVD cases for her clear stamp storage.  Looks nice.stamp1She had this site that carried these cool boxes……this one is perfect for 12x12 storage….I gotta go back and see where it’s from.  I want these.4945247993936 

Do you have any economical ways to store your craft supplies?  Do you have a really cool room I must see?  Bring it on……I’m ready!

Time to buy you what YOU wanted for Christmas and didn’t get.

Kiki & Lele Stamped Jewelrymason pictures 172Alyson Garvey Jewelry Designsearrings for today's creative blog

17 comments:

Patsy said...

What great rooms! Mine is in a mess right now, and I don't know if it will ever get unmessed completely. Finish one and start another project. Oh, well!! Have a blessed new year! Looking forward to what you post for this year. Love your blog!!

Lynette said...

Those rooms are amazing! I'm still working on getting mine just the way I want it. So far, my favorite storage tip (I don't know where I saw it, but I didn't come up with it on my own) is using a plastic over the door shoe holder for scrap fabric. I have mine all organized by color and it's perfect for quickly and easily finding a scrap piece you need for a project. I also have one on the other closet door for all my sewing notions...love it! Here's a link:

http://getyourcrafton.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-happy-place.html

I'll have to come back and see what other ideas people have...can't wait!

Lynette

Kristen, pajama mama said...

alright heading there now..i am in desperate need of fabric storage ideas!

Happy New Year, Kim!

rosie/the fabric shopper said...

I need to do some serious work in this area. I am strewn all about! in about 4 rooms!!! Thanks for some very needed inspiration!

rosie/the fabric shopper

Joanne said...

So I JUST posted yesterday looking for ideas for my craft room re-do. Thank you soooooo much for all of the ideas and links - I can't wait to check them out! If you have any more ideas - please send them my way!

Joanne @ Ready, Set, Craft!
http://www.readysetcraft.blogspot.com

Bird said...

Very neat ;)

Ribbons ar my demon!!! I can't find a good storage idea, but this seems cool!

BTW, how many stamps do you have!!!!! :D

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Great tips! How about those CD covers, I would have never thought of that! Happy New Year! Janell

Sarah said...

Great craft storage... oh how I love organized rooms!
God's blessings on your 2010, Sarah :D

Brenda in Sunny SoCal. said...

Hi Kim, thanks for this post I hve been moving my crat stuff slowly into my home office, and this post just gave me the push to finish what I started months ago....

Foam Stamps:
I keep all mi stamps and alpahs in 12x12(yes I yave some that big) clear paper holders by reflections -michaels- one for each letter, # and style of shape (geometrics, swirls, backgrounds, etc). I am waiting for my camera to arrive and I'll post a pict and e-mail you with it.

Clip-it system:
You can make your own with a towel rod nd clips from the wire system from Ikea, it works great!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I am absolutely overwhelmed with my craft/catch all room. Everything gets dumped in there when all the cupboards are full....where to put everything? It is time to declutter! Now who wants to come over and start for me!!!!
Blessings,

Debbie

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Oh to have that kind of space!! I am drooling over the peg board room - my type of storage. I love all her scissors (I HEART scissors!!) I think I am going to show my husband that room and suggest it for a Mother's day gift (it seems like a great solution for a small room with a lot of wall space!!)

Michelle said...

What I wouldn't give to have a room just for scrapbooking and crafts.

the treat girl said...

OMG!!!! loooooooooooovee all of these super great rooms! Mine seems like such a bomb now! And shut.up! Why have I never thought of the clear CD case thing for my clear stamps?????? Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I linked to this in my Friday Favorites!

http://laniejandco.blogspot.com/2010/01/friday-favorites-jan8-2010.html

~Lanie

Fun Jewelry said...

Thanks for showing your great storage idea, I need all the help i can get with storing my jewelry finding...

kate blue said...

I was just wondering if you ever found out who made/sold those boxes to fit 12 x 12 stuff in...

KateB

TaDa! Creations said...

OK, seriously, how did I not find your blog until today? I mean your blog logo is all over the place on other blogs. I love how much creativity you've found out there and have put it all in one place. I'm finding so many more blogs to follow. LOL