Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 8, 2009

made 2 cREate

It's garage sale season as well as "sit outside and have ice tea" season. Both things on my mind lately. I want to beautify my outdoors so I can sit outside and drink Iced tea......and I love going to garage sales to find bargain items I can re-purpose. I found a few great deals this past weekend and if I get my butt in gear, I post some photos on my personal blog......that sorry thing.
made 2 cREate
This blog is so good for transforming items that make you think "hey! I can do that!" She is a natural. She has a great eye for design.......and that probably explains why she did a video for HGTV for something........not sure if it was a tryout.......or something different. I'll make her explain in the comment section when she finds out I featured her.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how she created the perfect little space in her backyard for a quiet place to sit and enjoy.......enjoy that Iced Tea. It didn't cost very much and it doesn't look too terribly difficult if you have a bit of carpentry talents.

This photo was in the beginning......just a simple structure.
Then they stained it or painted......can't tell......added some side slats.......


Add these little flower boxes.....and it looks like they got fancy and added a water feature of some sort......cool!And when it's all finished..........this is what you end up with. The perfect sitting area.......perfect place to sip Iced Tea.Then as I was nosing around, I found this fabulous table she found. And then I saw what she did with it.............she made a new kitchen island! SHUT UP! Her whole kitchen re-design is amazing. A true transformation. She painted that oak and it looks good. I would like just one person to try and argue that this does not look better..........you know it does. Paint the oak......paint it! Life is too short to live with oak cabinets.
Just in case you missed it.......here's another look see at her island. And those beautifully painted cabinets. She even shows you how........TUTORIAL!!!!

She's a cute girl from Tulsa with a paint brush and a million ideas on how to make living spaces better. She even takes questions and helps you with your space. I bet she would tell you to paint the oak....... :)
*************~~~****************~~~~**************


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are in the middle of a yard make-over, and I am loving that cool sitting area!

I was scared for years to paint my oak cabinets, but I am taking baby steps. I've painted the ones in my boy's bathroom, and my laundry room, and I adore them now!

Can't wait to check out more of her great ideas.

Ann said...

Wow, looks like a lot of inspiring stuff! Off to check her out...

Donna said...

I'm right there with you about the oak. Unfortunately, my husband is not. I did finally convince him to paint the one is the mudroom so hopefully that will convert him and we can paint the horrendous ones in the kitchen!

The Runyans said...

the colors she used are fabulous. light blues and that green. oh that green! i haven't visited this blog. i'm off to check her out!

Sarah said...

I totally love the photos you shared from her blog. What a talented gal!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

NO WAY! LOVE THOSE PROJECTS! The island is genius and the patio area serene...I'll have to go visit her now..

Bethany said...

I don't think I've ever come across anyone so passionate about painting oak cabinets. Interesting obsession....

ch said...

That outdoor retreat looks fabulous!

I painted my oak cabinet, actually painted white and antiqued them, put crown molding too. I love them!!

This looks like another great blog to add to the roll.
Thank you
Cindy
www.chalkaboutit.blogspot.com

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Loved the pictures you shared. I may even get inspired to paint my oak cabinets. Love & blessings from NC!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Thanks so much for sharing your awsome find! Sitting area 'oasis' in the back yard (i think)...totally do-able. The painted cabinets...so been contemplating the idea. Now I'm going to go and pick out a paint color and doing it! Mine are whitewash ash, but they need it bad!!! Love the redo pics!

Joy said...

What an inspiring project. I am off to look at the whole blog.

piecemeal people said...

I am coveting that kitchen island, and now glaring at my own kitchen island with hatred in my eyes.

People who just think of these things, out of the blue, are so lucky to be talented in that way!

Kara Paslay said...

Hey Ladies,
Kim asked me to share exactly what that video was all about. It was actually my audition for HGTV's design star! I was able to make it to the final cut (got to go to LA for an interview and everything) but failed to make it on the show :( However, I am not giving up on my dreams which is why you will find a lot of video clips explaining my designs on my blog! Maybe next year!
Kara Paslay
Made 2 Create

Annie Pazoo said...

Best quote ever: "Life is too short to live with oak cabinets" Love it! (And I agree w/choo)