Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From House to Home

Michelle with From House to Home has got it goin on. She and her husband are re-doing an old house, a 1920's colonial....bringing it back to it's original charm. Lots of before and afters........
Summer like weather is finally here..........lets hope it sticks around. When weather like this comes around, it always makes me want to get going on house projects.........don't you agree? Her site helps.
We may as well get right to it............the kitchen BEFORE. Notice the oak cabinets? UGH! If you have them and love them, then more power to ya....don't let me change your mind.......but if you have them and you hate them, then for crying in a bucket..........PAINT THEM!
SHUT UP! Just standing in this kitchen makes you believe you could make the worlds best pie crust. I would have never thought of the wood bead board as a back splash.......but I like it......and it's unpainted wood. I surprise myself some days.All her wood work in the house used to be dark wood. You can imagine the flack she got when she wanted to paint it. It looks amazing painted a bright creamy white. It reminds me of the 1912 Mt. Tabor home I moved from. All original dark wood.........lots of it.........I wanted to paint it SO bad, but since we had bought my husbands childhood home and his parents are still alive.......and it was all in great shape.....the wood and the parents.........I thought it would be best if we just moved instead. That house would have been spectacular painted.

I love how she has a TO DO list on her blog. She crosses the item off as she completes it. Makes you feel really lazy.
Next up was the bathroom.
Mercy..........it has a cute bench though. But there's that damn oak again.

Isn't this beautiful? With those high ceilings, I love how she added the candlier. I am also loving her use of taupe, black, and whites............hmmmmmmm very similar to Layla's........a previous feature a couple days back. My eye is really drawn to this.........Honey? We're changing paint colors.


In her kitchen she of course has a door with the chalk board paint on it.........of course.I wish I had a door I could do that too. I did in my old 1912 house........... She had another door and wanted to do something different..........She decided to paint and stencil it. Creative adventures are much more interesting to me than the "I'll have what she's having" approach.
When they moved into their home, there was this room........a room that didn't match the house because it had been added on. After living there, they realized they liked this room, so she made it exactly how she wanted. Once again, she did an amazing job. It's beautiful.

Use an old door and you've hooked me.
Show me you like pineapples and it's hook, line and sinker.

This room is right off the kitchen........it's so soothing isn't it?
I hope you all had a great Memorial Day holiday. I hope you're experiencing Summer like weather......I hope you do something really creative today.

19 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is all such eye candy! I'm going over to check this one out. I love that kitchen island. The door standing against the wall. Everything is so cute! Thanks for sharing.
Brenda

ch said...

This looks like a really great blog. Thank you for sharing it.
I'm feeling a little down about losing my blog:( It just disappeared. This blog should lift my spirits (I'll probably link it to my new blog, as I try to put the pieces back together-sigh)
Thanks,
Cindy

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Kim,
It's very nice to meet you!I just found your inspiring blog through Michelle's.
It's wonderful!
I'll be back to visit again soon.

Have a blessed evening.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Emily said...

Great feature. I just discovered her blog recently and love it.

Emily
Remodeling This Life

Anonymous said...

Good for her! That takes a good deal of energy to be sure. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Saucy said...

She did a splendid job and you, dear friend, are quite the politician explaining that if your readers like the oak then that is okay, too. But the trend seems to be with paint and I am more than fine with that. A big improvement in my opinion. Off to visit her blog!

Rue said...

Hi Kim :)

Michelle is so deserving of this feature! She's one of the most talented people in Blogland :)

rue

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wonderful..I love the shelf above the window..so very cute!
sandy toe

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I can't wait to check out this blog! I'm loving the photos you've shown!!!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

WOW! Those cabinets look great!

Anonymous said...

Michelle is amazing!! She is so deserving of being here..her home is Perfect!! Great choice!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Another great blog Kim! LOVE it! Thanks!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Michelle has done such a great job, I check in daily to see what she is up too next(; I love her everything room!
Hugs~Kelly

Anonymous said...

Love the black and white window picture! Nice pictures and door redo!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love what she did!! Looks so fresh and shabby. I know I'm inspired.

Richella Parham said...

How cool! What a lot of inspiration in one post. I don't think I've ever seen your blog before, but now I'll be a regular visitor.

FEDERICA said...

This blog is great!! Love it!
Many greetings from Italy,
Federica.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!! She must be so thrilled with her new space

Darlene

Unknown said...

"Practically perfect in every way"! ♥ Jen