Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Unexpected Destination

I used to live, breath and dream scrapbooking. Love it, couldn't get enough of it..........then just about 2 years ago I started this blog called Today's Creative Blog that took all my creative time......but I loved it just as much as scrapbooking........I would scrap when I could, still taking over 3000 photos a year........then my scrap room got so un-organized that it just wasn't fun anymore.......but now I feel the urge to get it cleaned up so I can make sense of it and get scrapping again. Plus, National Scrapbooking day is right around the corner and I'm signed up with a couple of friends for a crop......I feel that fire burning........So of course I was attracted to Debbie's site today. Unexpected Destination. She is a fabulous scrapbooker who has made it a career. She is the owner of Get it Scrapped...........exactly how I feel.........just get it done. I was even looking into her classes..........SO SO reasonable. $20 for some classes.........a darling banner one that started last week.......$20. Dang I missed it. I may have to look into a digital one.......Lord knows I need help in this dept. Looks like she has a really good newsletter too.
I was looking at Debbie's layouts..........cuz I'm always on the hunt to scraplift...........What surprised me the most is that most her layouts were digi layouts and I had a hard time telling......wouldn't that be a compliment? That's how I meant it.






These do not look digi to meOK........that one wasn't......Love the scrolls.......I think I have those.....I could totally scraplift this one.......I'll give her credit......geez.

Head off to Debbie's site to see what she's all about. She has something for all levels of scrapbookers........or if you're just getting started.....she seems nice enough, I bet she could lead you in the right direction.

I also noticed that she had our new widget on her blog.......She Rocks! I bet she'll even put my featured button up. It makes me so happy when bloggers do that.......I love it even more when they share their feature with all their readers.......some don't........too humble I guess.......I wouldn't know anything about that........I guess not everyone is a showdog like myself.

If you have a blog and you want more readers......you really should get our widget. It's the best way to get your blog listed on over 100 blogs.

14 comments:

southerninspiration said...

When I clicked on Widget, it linked to Our Best Bites.....is that supposed to happen and I"m just missing the connection?????

Suzanne

SoBella Creations said...

I wanted to learn to scrapbook. But, I figured I would end up with a gazillion albums. And lots of supplies. So now I subscribe to SmileBox. It is a fantastic scrapbooking program. You can even print cards and make videos. Which the grandparents and great grandmother love.

Tanya said...

I used to be huge into scrapping. I quit a few years back after my son passed away. However, I'm EXTREMELY grateful that I scrapped his life up until he died. What a treasure those pages are!

It's a great hobby, but is very time consuming and I don't have a lot of time these days!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I guess I should head on over and see if there's anything I can scraplift.

Unknown said...

When I saw the word Debbie, I thought, "Ooh, I wonder if it's Debbie Hodges." And it was! So sad that I've never been to her site. She's a fantastically creative person. Glad you featured her!

Unknown said...

(Oops, I meant Debbie Hodge--not Hodges. :)

Anonymous said...

Great post and I'll check out her site! Thx!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Thanks for the heads up! I will go check it out!

meg duerksen said...

i know exactly what you mean about the scrapbooking! blogging is my new love and scrapping is the neglected friend. but i am not done with it forever...i hope.

she is a great scrapper!
thanks.
how is that puppy doing kim?!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

her layouts are so gorgeous... and you're right, you can't tell that they're digi at all! wow!

Tara said...

She is good!! love the banner!!!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Wow, this is great!

Heather said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just discovered your blog and can't get enough of it. I am SOOOOO puttin' up your widget! LUV IT!

Tina J said...

I have taken several classes at Get it Scrapped, and they have been wonderful. There is a good balance of digital classes and paper classes. Some of the classes are great for helping you get your pictures scrapped if you are either! I really love some of the pages that I have created because of the wonderful prompts that Debbie shares.