Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Craft Wonders

Slammed.........that's what I've been this past couple days.........Slammed. Then to add spice to the week, my son decides that he's not getting enough attention, so he brewed up a 101.4 temp. I yi yi.....
I was channeling the creative gods for some crafty crafts that I could perhaps do with my sick boy. Or some quick Christmas crafts to get us in the spirit......get us going. Christmas is only 3 weeks from Thursday. NUTS!

Craft Wonders has a couple of things that I thought looked so fun. They don't look too difficult to achieve, but will look like you have some talent. Not that she doesn't.........I'm sure she's plenty talented......oh gosh.....my foot doesn't taste so good.

Once again I never got around to completing one of the cookie sheet advent calendars, not that it's too late...... Who cares if it's already the first week of December........Kids don't care. This one below is so cute...........doesn't look like I have to be a brain surgeon to complete it. but it still has enough style that people won't think that it's a left over Kindergarten project. Love that. What a great gift too.
This Tree!!! A. DOR. ABLE! You and a Styrofoam tree, and some scrapbook paper........you've got yourself a new centerpiece or mantle decor. I may try these, because Lord knows I'm smarter this year and WILL NOT be doing a gum drop tree.........but maybe since I'm smarter, I would at least use a thimble..........yea........didn't even think of that last year.How easy would this be? Not or everyone...........but surely for us crafty girls. We can do this. What a great idea for gifts! Everyone could use a holiday apron.
I really have no idea what this is below. I just liked the photo. She said something about using freezer paper, and making tee shirt designs for a concert. I need my hand held.........please do a tutorial on this. This looks cool!
And when she's not playing with paint.......she's back to paper stuff. I love these hanging art pieces. You could go a step further and frame this with the darling ribbon to hang it............wow, another great gift!I don't know how I know this, because I don't even know her name......but I think she likes color. Just a hunch. Look at how she displayed her little boxes she picked from IKEA. There's something about the balance of this that makes me really happy.
Get in the spirit and head over to Craft Wonders............Enjoy!
*************
Looking for handmade gift ideas? Please visit the following sites for original ideas.

Alyson Garvey Jewelry Designs
Kiki and Lele Boutique Hand-crafted Jewelry



























21 comments:

tara @ kidz said...

Oh I want to make that apron! And I love the advent calendar too. Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

I just love those trees, and LOVE your blog! I know I can always find some sort of new thingy that I need to make here! Thanks!!!

Jennifer said...

I don’t usually comment on your blog because I usually just click over to the one you’re featuring… but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog and all of your great finds!

Tanya said...

I really love the trees! How cute.

Janet, said...

Hi, first time to your site. I like the trees, I've got a few of those Styrofoam trees up in the attic. I may give this a try. It looks pretty self explanatory, but is there a place I can click to for instructions.

Jingle said...

These are great projects! Wonderful feature today! Thanks! Lots of inspiration!!!

www.gigglesnmore.com said...

those trees are AWESOME!!! very unique and so fun looking...I'm going to try to make some, but I have a feeling they won't turn out quite like yours!!

thanks for all the fun ideas!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that tree!!!

Julie said...

Okay - so since I leave for work in the morning before the sun comes up...and get home after dark.. :0( I have not been able to get a picture of it...but I PAINTED MY FRONT DOOR RED! It looks amazing and even "doubting hubby" likes it!

Kristin said...

Hi! I just started blogging and I'm not sure how I ended up at your blog, but I'm glad I did!

Freezer paper is the greatest thing. You find it in rolls like aluminum foil at the grocery store. It has a waxy side and that side irons easily onto material and sticks almost like tape. So you can use it like a stencil. Once you're done, it peels right off with no residue. It's like using a stencil to paint, only it stays put! You can also use it as a guide for cutting shapes out of material. So if you wanted to cut out the shape of a star, you could draw a star onto the freezer paper, iron it onto the material, and then cut out the star you just drew.

Hope that makes sense. It's really fun to use!

Kristy said...

Thanks for featuring me on your blog. I love doing things with crafts. I will soon make some tutorials for both the freezer paper and the trees. I did not use Styrofoam, I made it from paper mache trees. I got them at hobby lobby. I like them better because they have the tip unlike the Styrofoam which has no tip. I will try to get the tutorials done by Christmas, or at least the tree one. Thanks again. Glad you like everything!!! Merry Christmas!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Another great site!

Since you like all things crafty...You should check out my giveaway...

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are a force to be reckoned with! :) I tried to email you last week but I think it bounced back. Please come check out mine (and my bff's) new website - I think you will like it. A complete departure from what I've done in the past!

www.moggit.com

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Joy
xo

Anonymous said...

Cute creative stuff! I love the paper trees. My cousin is super creative too. Check out her blog at www.stampinmom.com

Happy Friday!

Michelle said...

I'm very new to the blogging community. I'm just out and about seeing what's out there, learning, and getting inspiration. I'm in the process of creating a blog of my own. Thanks for sharing!! You have a great blog!

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

LOVE that tree! I'm working on something similar I'll be posting soon, but that makes me want to make another one :-)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your blog! Thanks so much for finding those cool blogs out there...there are so many amazing crafty people out there.

Thanks! :)

Vanessa said...

hey there. i popped over from geek inc. i love your blog. and the christmas trees are adorable! wow!

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

The trees are very cute and fun and your writing makes me laugh!

Buon Natale,

Suzanne

Melissa Lester said...

Those trees are adorable! Hope your son is feeling better.

Stephanie said...

I love the paper trees!! Awesome!