Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nesting Instincts

Can we handle another Nest blog? Well you know if it has the word Nest in it, then you know it's gotta be good...........truth.

Nesting Instincts
I was talking to an old college girlfriend, and somehow we grazed the topic of blogs. I told her about mine.........she was surprised.......as most people are. She then said that I should check out a friend of hers who was super talented and lived in Oregon. FABULOUS! I'm all for finding new blogs, especially when they are recommended by someone I like and trust. I love it when they are in my back yard. So of course I looked this blog up while we were still on the phone...........I was so excited. I loved the blog and told her I would feature it.............even though she didn't have me listed in her side links! No, it's not a requirement.........I just like seeing that other people like me.........that they really like me..........OK OK........so I love Sally Fields too.

Back to today's feature. Courtney from Nesting Instincts has great style. Not only does she show you lots of before and afters she also tells you her favorite etsy shops and will feature artists from time to time.

Of course I LOVE the before and afters. Courtney re-designs rooms for people using what they have. Wouldn't that be fun?! I love for her to come to my house and add a breath of fresh air.
Just to prove she has style ..............and guts..........here is her before of her dining room.

And her after! WOWZA! Silver chairs! Now that takes vision. She has more photos of all the details on her blog.Here is a recent room she did for someone.........this is the BEFOREShe wanted to create a lighter feeling, brighten the space up. I'd say she did that, wouldn't you? I'd also say this gal loves Southern Living at HOME...........I guess the home owner was a SLAH consultant. Love that stuff.Here's a little girls room she re-designed. Stuff...........we girls never change do we?Ahhh, we can breath now.Courtney loves to plan showers, parties, etc...... Here's just a peek at a banner from a baby shower. Love that it's not the traditional baby colors. You'll have to check out her blog to see all the other details.Head on over and tell her I sent you........nothing thrills me more you know. She has great ideas that we can use in our own homes.........today!

And I have to admit my friend Laurie knows my style and just knew I'd love this blog. Thanks Laurie.

Another giveaway coming for Friday!

24 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I'm so glad you featured Courtney. Her blog is one of my favorites. She is truly talented, and Nesting Instincts is like a breath of fresh air. -Julia :-)

kayellen said...

Enjoyed your blog article..nice before and afters:)

kayellen

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

I can't wait to go check her out...btw~you are listed on my personal blog, not the one that I ALWAYS comment with...silly girl!! :o)

Samantha said...

I NEVER would have thought to paint those chairs silver, but they look really cool. Clearly, she is a talented lady.

BTW, love your blog!

Kristin said...

Awesome; I'm headed right over!

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

NOW YOU ARE ON BOTH OF MY BLOGS!!!! heehee!!!;o)

Courtney said...

wow, what a shock to get back from dinner tonight and discover you featured my blog! You know I had meant to list your blog in my blogroll a few months back...really I had...in fact, was going to send you a link in the HOPE that you would feature me...but didn't feel my blog was good enough yet. :-) apparently I was wrong. I am properly chastised and will now proudly display both the linky and your link for all the world to see. Thank you Kim - this is a great honor! Okay I'm supposed to be putting my girls in bed now but snuck away...so I better get back... :-) Thanks for the blog love!!!

Free Art Printables said...

Oh I love Courtney's Blog! She's such a great person too!!! Great feature! Jen R

Anonymous said...

so cute! I love the artist she has featured right now, very cool.

Jennifer P. said...

The silver chairs actually sent shivers down my spine. What do I have that I can paint silver? Hmmmm....

Saucy said...

This is a sweet blog you and Laurie found. I love the idea of working with what's already there. It's about editing, editing, editing.

Ms. Em said...

These ideas featured are not only smart but perfect for putting the smackdown on a room you may be tired of looking at! I am going to use some of the featured ideas and also some of the ideas from her personal blog, too.
This is the second night in a row I have stayed up past midnight looking at the blog...niiice!

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

I love to blog hop, and came across yours by accident - now I have all these others to view as well!

Thanks for compiling them all:)

Kimba said...

I'm so glad you featured Courtney. She's been on my faves for a while. She does the most wonderful redecorating and she's just an all around great gal!

Kimba

EMILY said...

oh I love these pictures! so fun! i am an interior designer. With 4 little kids at home I am not working in the field at the moment. But doing re-designing would be a good way to get back into it. no shopping! thanks for featuring this blog!
emily

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness... What a great job!!!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love your blog! I've found lots of interesting places here.

jess said...

I love the idea of using what you already have! Thanks for featuring this blog...

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I am so happy you featured Nesting Instincts!! I *love* Courtney's blog and stop by nearly every day. She's a creative and kindred spirit in blogland.

Jenni said...

WOW Courtney does amazing work!

Tracey said...

Thanks for the find! I also re-design and stage homes. Have to check out her blog!
By the way- yours is always filled with fun finds too!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh, I love this blog and Courtney herself is such a supportive person to other blogs. She has talent seeping from every pore, and I bet she is taking the Portland area by storm!!!

Again, another great pick!

PAC said...

Wow! Amazing!