Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mt. Hope Chronicles

Get out!
That's what I was screaming as I spent more time at Heidi's blog........Mt. Hope Chronicles.


When I first clicked on her blog after seeing it on my site meter.........yes, I do check that out every once in a while........So it's best just to leave me a comment, so I don't feel like I'm peeking on something. I also noticed she has my blog linked! I love that........thank you.
Anywhoooo........I clicked on her blog and at first I saw THIS! Could you just fall over? Amazing silhouette's in the most wonderful colors. She actually painted them........Yes she did.....she shows a tutorial on her blog. Say it with me.........YOU KNOW I LOVE A TUTORIAL! They grabbed me. I loved the whole design. Hip, fresh, colorful and original. Can't get any better than that.

Then as I spent more time there, I thought to myself......"hmmmm she looks like she could be from Oregon" and no quicker did I think that and..............

I saw THIS.............
and thought......."WAIT! NO! This can't be the little shop I tried to visit in September?" Well with a bit more digging........yes it was! My mom lives down the Willamette Valley (and I was born in Lebanon) and while my husband and son headed further South to the Duck Game, I planned to spend the day shopping with my Mother. I was very excited to go here and had planned the trip around going to THIS SHOP! But they were closed. CLOSED! I was so bummed. I almost got out of my car and threw a tizzy right there. So glad I didn't. I pouted for at least 15 minutes until I was distracted by another amazing sale. This shop, Poets Garden..... is way out in the country. WAY way out! Beautiful. Reminded me so much of my childhood roaming around these parts. I wonder if she's been to the Strawberry festival? Small World! I can't wait to visit.

After finding this out.......that her mom, sister and her started and run this shop, it totally made sense to why her style is so amazing. And only growing up in the Willamette Valley would give you the idea to grow wheat grass for a part of you decor! FABULOUS! (for those of you not from the NW.......it's pronounced Will - AM - ETT...........not willa mett)

More grass............ I love this circle art. She did that too. Yes there is a tutorial. I have often eye'd those candles and thought about decorating them. There is nothing you can't do with some great scrapbook paper. You could also use some yummy fabric too. I love the fact that the items I love in her house were all made by her.........hand made goodness. One more look at the grass just in case you didn't believe me. How cute would this be around Easter time? She homeschools her boys. 3 adorable boys. Do you think they know how lucky they are to have a classroom like this? That cute room is inside this cute house! Darling. Can't wait to see it more photos of this in the spring and summer.And if she's not talented enough.........decorating with grass afterall ...........homeschooling............she also takes great photographs. Don't worry, it's not a busy road. I've been on that road. :)

For more amazing stuff to look at, head over to Mt Hope Chronicles.

Spell check? What's that? Apparently Blogger has invested in Dictionary.com ..........still broken.

23 comments:

Elle Jay Bee said...

Love it all!! What a funny story...guess you need another shopping trip, huh?? I bet this will garner you a bit of a discount...!!!

I have missed a few of your recommendations lately. Things have been very busy, but I always find my way back to you and all your goodness...

Linda
xoxo

Heidi said...

I guess I should have commented, LOL! What a fun surprise to be featured on your blog.

So sorry we were closed when you stopped by. That is crazy! What a small world. Shannon and mom were in France. :) We're open now, though, so come back and visit!! (Just not on a Sunday or Monday.)

Heidi said...

Oh, and both my sister and I marched in the Strawberry Parade. :)

t said...

OMG that top photo is amazing. Love the whole scene. I bet you didn't know this, but grass grown in containers is a big part of Persian New Year's celebrations. It would be so cute to use containers like her wagon...but also so un-Persian.

Anonymous said...

oh yay! a new blog to stalk!
xo

Anonymous said...

Sorry We missed you in Sept. at Poet's Garden. The trip to France was a special treat. We are back open now! Thanks for the nice compliments.
Shannon
- Heidi's sister

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Shannon,
I'll be back for sure! I saw that you had gone to France. How wonderful and now that explains why I didn't hear back from you guys before I came. I sent an email asking about hours and such......I was so excited. I can't wait to come visit. Such a small world........and about the Strawberry festival?......I think I was a junior princess or something like that and my mom dyed her hair baby pink...she had a "beauty shop" in Lebanon.

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD! I KNOW Heidi! Literally! WOOT Thank you so much for showing me her blog! (we used to live where she does)

elexisb said...

Very cool story! Small world, and I see the commenter before me knows her too. Weird! I'm pretty sure I don't know her, I'm all the way over in dirty NJ :)

LivingTheLife said...

Loved your comment about throwing a "tizzy"...reminds me of me!

Love her wheat grass idea...gotta go to the feed store tomorrow and get me some of that...PLUS I did the same thing with varying sized pillar vases with candles inside at the last wedding I did...I used the brides colors and scrapbooking paper to wrap around the outside...I even used her butterfly theme by wrapping one pillar for each table with a band around it that had butterfly's punched out...plus on another pillar in the grouping of three we tied a ribbon around the outside of the scrapbook paper and hung a silver charm off that...it turned out FAB...does this mean I am creative, too??? Hmmmm...I have to have pictures...somewhere...?

Blessings...
Teresa

Heidi said...

LOL, Love your write up about a Heidi in Oregon! What you've shown show Talent! I'll go visit her now!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies at Sweet Woodruff Acres in OREGON, too! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely blog thanks for sharing! I just adore your blog!
Hugs,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great link. I have only recently discovered your blog and wanted to say hello. I have subscribed to your feed so I don't miss any more of your great finds. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about this blog! I love visiting your newest finds! Soo many talented bloggers out there!

Lacy said...

Ok.....Now I have two major fav blogs!!!! Yours and Heidi's ......you both are amazing and I check everyday to see what your next awesome post is and get super ideas! Thanks for always putting together such great features. God Bless.
Lacy in Texas

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted about the shop in Willamette Valley...I'm heading south in a few weeks (from Seattle) and hopefully I'll have time to check it out! I love checking in to find out about these great sites...Thanks! Nan

The Runyans said...

this is one of my fav posts yet!!

Donna said...

A blog with tutorials AND a photo tour of her house? Amazing!

Stephanie ODea said...

everything is just so pretty! what a wonderfuly designed home.
xox
steph

Heidi said...

Kim~ Did you get my email about the blinkie yesterday? You may have already emailed me back, but my spam filter is doing really weird things, so I didn't want to miss you. If you didn't get my email, it is heidi at poetsgarden dot com. Thank you so much!!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Kim -What a great blog! I love, love, love all of her ideas. Her house is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your "find". :o)

Sarah said...

SHUT UP!!!!!! You were born in Lebanon?! I live there! ;)
Small world indeedy.
I've enjoyed your blog and reviews of creative blogs out there...many I've stumbled across and stashed in my favorites prior but you've introduced me to many new ones as well!
Ok- slinking back to lurkdom....
~Sarah

Enriched-Mom said...

Talk about a small world, you called me out of lurkdome. We are living in Texas but Lebanon is our HOMETOWN! Imagine my surprise after lurking on your blog for such a long time. All of my boys were born at LCH. We miss the Willamette Valley so much.