Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 8, 2007

French Garden House

French Garden House

What a sweet site. They have a little bit of everything. Lots and lots of ideas with great photos.

You learn quickly that Lidy has a love of all things old, shabby, french and romantic........kind of goes hand in hand. Lidy's posts are fun to read since she balances out her home life with her decor ideas. She also has a wonderful website where you can buy some of the things you might find yourself drooling over.

I love simple ideas that have a high and original decor impact. I think I have a bowl like this........that I bought at a garage sale of .50 cents......
and wouldn't it look so cool in my living room full of buttons like this? Great simple idea. But with an 8 yr old boy and several of his friends.............hmmmm, I'm thinking maybe I better not. Wouldn't this be cool in a bathroom? ............my mind's a burnin now........wouldn't it be even cooler if these buttons were bits of soap for a powder room? Somebody needs to make button soap.............JILL! Remember her from Rose Petal Betty? She makes soap.
WOW.............I really went off track. But you know how our creative minds work. I know you'll forgive me.
Since I am in the throws of Fall decorating. My eye is so attracted to anything Fall and unique. And simple. I love simple. Love the colors of this below.Everyone loves a bird nest, but even more when it's inside a tipped over urn. Way cool. Wouldn't that look great on your porch.........and instead of saying Welcome Fall, you could.......well I could......because you probably have manners, but I don't............I would put "No Soliciting unless you're the Schwans man"

See a theme here? A tipped over pumpkin! Really...........so simple..........but I have never done that. I gotta step out of my box and start tipping things over. It's kind of like Southern Living at HOME. Have you noticed that they will just turn one of their items over and use it that way too? Great ideas. So, that's our goal today........use something with a different twist. And then send me a photo!Can you stand it? Now if I was still single everything would be PINK! How often do you see PINK wrought iron? Now that's stepping out of the box.

Lidy's site is full of surprises and ideas. Please drop her a visit and leave a comment letting her know you saw her on Creative Blogs.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely ideas and I too, love simple touches!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Kim, THANK YOU so much for featuring my blog on your Creative Blogs! You make me look so good.:)

I love visiting your blog to see the daily "what's new" it is an honor to be featured by you.

Can't wait to see what's next...
Lidy

Justabeachkat said...

Love visiting here. Always learn something. I'm heading to Lidy's now.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Lidy is a wonderful blogger friend, I recently accidentally (as in have no computer literacy) deleted my blog and Lidy's kind, gentle, empathetic remarks spurred me on and gave me the encouragement not to give up! Her store is fabulous and so is she! I view her as a blogging mentor~~what a great choice you made!

Sarah and Jack said...

(Ha, I forgot about your template change and when I clicked through from bloglines I thought I had somehow ended up in the wrong place, lolol.)

I think you should put the buttons out anyway. Yes, the kids will play in them, but sorting buttons is therapeutic, just ask Jack!

Jennifer in MS said...

That is a beautiful blog with great ideas! I enjoyed looking around there. Thanks for sharing!

Zarah said...

Wow... Gorgeous! *steals some ideas* Button soaps sounds fun! I think I'll make some of these (if I can find any buttons I can bare to part with...!) *smiles*

Nunnie's Attic said...

Great ideas! I guess my thinking was everything must be perfectly straight. But a little tip here, a little twist there could be a good thing.

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Isn't Lidy talented?
She is a nice person too.
It is a pleasure to visit your site!

Anonymous said...

Lidy has a wonderful blog :-)

blessings said...

Just hopped over from French Garden House and I'm glad to have bumped into you =) Will be back. Blessings... Polly

Elle Jay Bee said...

I love Lidy's blog and her shop. She is inspiring with her new takes on the old!! A sign of a true creative spirit!!

Thanks!
Linda

Pinkie Denise said...

I came over to visit from Lidy's. Your blog is great. I have six kids
and too, bad I can't live with out pink. Pinkie Denise

Anonymous said...

Love her blog...her stuff is so pretty! I like your blog makeover...

Tonya

javier said...

Bonjour les amis je suis un étranger en visite pages dans une autre langue, essayer de comprendre leur langue, mais ça coûte trop cher et c'est la raison pour laquelle nous vous invitons à mon blog qui est certainement très intéressant et aussi une traduction pour votre langue, je le faire par le biais d'un logiciel Assurez-vous que votre site est également très bon, je vous remercie beaucoup maintenant.

http://lomascodiciadodelplaneta.blogspot.com