Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

I've been reading about Blog Action Day.
Great time to think about how we take care of our Earth. Being from the NW, I have recycling down. A can, bottle or plastic container hasn't seen my garbage can for a few years. Heck I even drive a Hybrid......love it. But is it enough? It got me thinking about all my consuming.........especially paper craft products. I have so much and I continue to buy a little bit of something new each month.........and I'm not even what I consider a Scrapbook Fashionista. So my goal, as simple as it may seem, is to use more of these products up before purchasing newer items. I mean they'll all look outdated in 10 yrs anyway. The generations who hopefully will enjoy them in 100+ years, could care less if I used the latest and greatest.
So enough to the excess!

5 comments:

Peta Boardman said...

Thats so true Kim, i'm doing my bit by digi scrapping, no paper then!!! Good for the environment and good for me!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I'm chiming in a few days late for Delurking Day. I always check your blog to see who you have discovered recently. I agree with you on the use-it-up post. I'm in the midst of cleaning out my craft studio and I'm dismayed and embarrassed at how much I have accumulated and not used. I like your point that it will *all* look outdated in a decade anyway, so it doesn't matter if the supplies are from this year or 5 years ago. Give us an update in a few months on your goal and I'll delurk then too!
Tammy

Jennifer in MS said...

Great point! I need to use up my old scrapbook paper too!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

love your blog! lots of inspiration :)

Jessica K. said...

amen!