Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm at it again.........

Why do I do this to myself?


I decided that I want to choose new fabric for my bedroom. A new duvet cover. Not too hard right? WRONG! Because I will get an idea in my head, not knowing where I got it......maybe I made it up, but I doubt it. Then I have to search high and low for what I am envisioning. I want this chocolate and red floral fabric I saw in a gift shop in Utah. I should have realized how much I loved that fabric and found out right there and then. So, I need your help. It was chocolate brown, milk chocolate.........you got that part? Red roses, with some yellows and greens intermixed through out. I think it was quilted. If you find it or think you've found it, please send me a link.


I do this all the time............


Like my fabric for my living room drapes. I knew what I wanted.........I wanted a black back ground with large pieces of fruit.....I looked and I looked. I wasn't even sure if it existed. Low and behold, I found it on ebay. Bought every yard she had. My mom made my drapes and I love them.


Later when I was going through the many decorating magazines I own........I came across a magazine I lifted from the DMV about a year before finding the fabric...........I know.........horrible...that it took a year to find it. :) But it was an old copy and I was in a decorating crisis, so I figured it was probably on it's way out. You know you would have done it too. I had to have that magazine. Anyhooo..........when I looked at the article that started my inspiration for my living room, I realized that the yellow fabric was the exact fabric of my drapes..........but my drapes are of course black. Isn't that amazing?! So it was that article that planted the seed.

Ok ladies, I'm counting on you. And if you live in Utah............I think it was Thanksgiving Point......where that boring Farm is. (sorry) but there is a cute gift store on a corner.........they had some stools in this fabric right by the front door. Hopefully they have moved them too far.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

I can't help with your current crisis, but I do the same thing. My husband has learned to just buy it right then and save us all the aggravation. LOL

just jen said...

i just found your blog and i love it!! you are so cute...and funny.

Gayle said...

So are you saying that the gift store with the fabric covered stools was PART of Thanksgiving Point? Or was it a separate shop that was NEAR Thanksgiving Point? (maybe Marly & Scrooge, or Rod Works?) If you can give me more details I could maybe help you out.

andrea danielle said...

Oh good luck, I do the same thing all the time. I will see something and then it becomes an obsession until I can find it again. Or, like you, I will make it up in my head and search and search until I can find it. Happy hunting!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Gayle, it was part of that whole Thanksgiving Point. We ate lunch at a place that had a deli, and an old fashioned ice cream shop and the gift shop......it seems was just across the way. My sister may know the name, but I know she's not going to make a trip from Orem just for that. :)

Becka said...

I have NO idea about the fabrics, but I am cracking up over you stealing a magazine from the DMV. Count yourself justified. I estimate that my last two visits to the DMV stole 12 hours of my time. (8 hrs for one visit, 4 for the next). Since I haven't billed them at my hourly rate of 30/hr, We will count it as a trade. My wasted time for their magazine. You have no need to feel guilty any longer.


And am I the only one insanely jealous that your DMV actually HAS magazines???? Mine has hard chairs, a million people, rude cranky workers...no magazines to be found anywhere...

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Oh my gosh! I hope it wasn't the lady who went to the restroom's magazine. It's been 5 years, so hopefully the statue of limitations has passed.

Anonymous said...

look through www.fatquartershop.com they usually have the latest selections and you can find the whole collection..

but if you have my luck.. it's a fabric that has been since discontinued and must scrounge for every last piece.

good luck

LindaSonia said...

Choc & red floral, eh? Sounds right up my alley too. I'll be anxious to see if you find it and will hope you will share if you do. PPPlease.

I had to laugh because I HAVE that magazine you 'lifted' from the DMV. LOL. Was it possibly 'Creative Home'? I remember loving that makeover they did. In fact I duplicated the look of that valance on one of my windows.

Good luck finding that fabric. Can totally relate because I am obsessed with fabrics - all the gazillion colors, textures, patterns, oh me oh my...love it!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I looked through my fabric books just in case, but no such fabric.

I sure hope you find it again!

Happy day,

Melissa

"Kreative Karma" said...

So, I have and had both of these in my house. The yellow one looks like Ralph Lauren.. I have this set on my King bed in the guest bedroom. The black one, my sister recovered a sofa with several years ago, there were also matching curtains that she made and I still have them in my linen closet!