Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Reupholster Tutorial

This gal is one of my home girls……well we’re a stones throw from each other.  I’m tellin ya…….the Pacific NW has more talent than rain.

Speaking of rain, Molly from The Creative Maven decided she needed this tin bucket for an umbrella stand…….but being sensible as most people are in the PNW, she wasn’t going to pay the unGodly price they wanted and knew she could replicate it for much less.image Once she found her tin bucket, she was in business.imageShe made her design with 4 circles………brilliant.imageAnd before you know it……….she had herself an umbrella stand. She shows a full tutorial in case you want one too.image

While we’ve got the paint out…….why not create your very own “you are special” plate. She tells you exactly what products to use on her tutorial.imageThis plate turned out so good! You could make different versions and use them for wall art.image      This is brilliant!  I wish I had seen this about 4 yrs ago.  You know those balsa wood dinosaur puzzles?  How cool to paint them!  Use them to decorate your little explorer’s bedroom.imageShe’s pretty handy with a sewing machine too…..the kind of woman that makes me GREEN!  Green with envy.   She took a cheap placemat from The Dollar Store and made a cute tool belt for her little guy.  imageThis is where I need to suck up…….this is her recovering her chair.  A $15 chair she found at a local thrift store.imageI have got to be a bright teal by now.  I need to slip cover my couch Molly just in case you need more to do.  :)image    Just one of her pillows she updated her living room with.  So cute.imageTo top it off……how about some raspberry meringues?  She thought they would make the perfect dessert during our recent heat wave…….yes we actually have heat waves here…..it doesn’t rain ALL the time. image

Thank you all for your comments yesterday.  I appreciate your point of views. 

Please be good little readers and go leave Molly a nice comment, or Miss Crabby Pants may rear her ugly head again.  LOL  jk.

Don’t forget to enter in my monthly Lisa Leonard giveaway….just leave a comment on any post.

image

14 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Haven't eaten breakfast, and those rasberry meringes look good! Jackie

Katie said...

Off to go see how she made that plate, it's so cute!

TL said...

mmmmmm meringes.

Karie said...

Cute ideas. Thanks for sharing.

seven thirty three said...

Can I say how much I love that plate?!?

Reina said...

I totally need to make cute plates!!

Clandestine Road said...

That is so cool!

Angela

Erika M. said...

Very cool - love the circle pattern and all the lovely creations!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

LOVE those dinosaurs! I never ever think to do things like that... it's crazy how a simple can of spray paint can change a blah thing into something very very cool!

Molly {Eeny Meeny & Moe} said...

Thank you so much for featuring me! I am truly SO honored!

Laura said...

Another rockin' link! Thanks!

Lisa Johnson said...

I love the pattern she put on the chair!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, I wish I knew how to reupholster..........

Unknown said...

The placemat tool belt is way cool!