Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Miss Crabby Pants

I finally had a little extra time Tuesday morning to click through the many links on Get Your Craft On.  I love the Linky Party I’ve created and how many links are full of amazing ideas. I love giving you all a place to show off your stuff. I love building creative women up, making them feel special, sending them some well deserved attention for the things they deem simple.  I love giving people exposure! That’s what my blog is all about.
I created Get Your Craft On as a way to show case people for free.  I must get 25 emails each week asking if I could mention their blog/site/product. I’m not complaining, it’s just an issue I had no idea I’d have to deal with 4 yrs ago.  I have been incredibly fortunate to have a blog that many love coming to each day.  1/2 was pure luck, 1/2 is a lot of time and hard work. 
Linking up on Get Your Craft On gives you the opportunity to place yourself in front of my readers.  It’s a great opportunity to bring more traffic to your site. You linking your post noting you’re participating in Get Your Craft On is a way for me to also build my readership
I thought this would be a fun way for everyone to get what they want.  But Tuesday morning as I clicked through all the amazing links, I found that most people:
1. Didn’t link at all
There were a LOT of these.  I’d say 4 out of 5 would NOT link up. Please make sure to link back to the link party you are participating in.  It’s a nice Thank you to the host for giving you exposure.  If the button doesn’t work for you, a simple Text Link will.
2. Linked to a “Linking to these parties” page -
I totally get this. I do. I could see myself doing it after seeing others do it.  It is SO much easier.   But it defeats the purpose.  I really doubt many of your readers are going to click on that page and if they do, they are probably not going to click on the buttons.  Maybe I’m wrong.  But it’s a bit lazy…..there I said it. 
3. Buttons displayed on sidebar -
This is the best choice out of all of them if you’re not going to link or display the button in your post.  The odds of someone clicking on the button is a bit higher.  But linking in your post is best.
I know!  I’m cranky…..Maybe I’m over sensitive with my baby starting 6th grade…….which is middle school here.  But, I’m going out on a limb here to say that most link party hosts will be screaming an “Amen” to my post. 
Many bloggers have given up on linky parties because of the feeling of being taken advantage of.  I don’t want to be pushed out like that.  My rules are simple.  I’m trying to bring you exposure, but my back is itchy too.
This is a perfect example on how a linky party link should be posted……this is what makes you popular!  :)

Do remember that all comments left are entered in my monthly drawing for a Lisa Leonard Necklace.  See…….I’m nice most the time.
image