Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

i heart linen

This girl is Da Bomb!
Rashida recently contacted me about donating for Stephanie and Christians recovery. I am SO glad she did! She is an amazingly talented seamstress who "seams" to love linen! Ah.........Linen! I love linen too. Appropriately she named her blog i heart linen.
You will not want to miss her item for the auction. She has donated one of her calendars! WOW! This is not the exact one, she is making a new one. I love this.


Staying with this theme of covered buttons, she has also created a checkers set. What kid would want to play video games when they have this around?


She looks ultra organized and lays out all her color combinations.


And then makes it all happen in her work space. I hear she's also writing a book! This is one busy Mama. (very cute kids to look at on her blog too)She makes adorable things for her children. Baby Gap has nothing on her.Lovin these perfect little mirror sets. Look at that linen!I've heard the best of the best cursing the making of bias tape. She added a new twist. Patchwork bias tape. Could you die? I don't even sew, but I'm already trying to figure out a way to use these. I don't know Rashida's background, but she certainly has an eye for design. Not only is this little pouch below completely adorable...........but look how she staged the photo. She had me with that pear.
Then she sealed the deal with this. :)

Her blog is beautifully done, very pleasing to the eye. She offers a glimpse of life in NY City. So different from where I sit.

I've actually been to NYC twice. The first time was life changing. It rocked my little ole country bumpkin's bottom. The second time was so much fun. I was relaxed and absorbed everything. I saw STOMP off Broadway when it was just getting started and I was lucky enough to eat at Lucky Chang's.

Rashida is probably laughing at me. :)

I will be starting the silent auction hopefully Sunday evening. If you are wanting to donate something to this cause, please email me directly. Krjdemmon@comcast.net

6 comments:

cherry said...

I love that calender...very sweet. Have you ever thought of showing off the talents of cobblestone Farms? She is one of my fave blogs. She paints, decorates, thrifts, gardens and has her own nursery and gift shop on her own premises. Very cool blog. http://cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com/

muralimanohar said...

Heehee..my very first blogging giveaway that I won was one of her patchwork and linen bags...I LOVE it!! :D

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

How funny that you post this today! I have some beautiful linen curtain panels that no longer fit into our decor as we remodel. I absolutely love them and want to use them as fabric for projects. Now I'm totally inspired!!

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Oh, and the crafters for Obama banner may be the best thing I've ever seen!

Tizzalicious said...

That looks like such a great shop!

Ashley said...

Love this! All of it is so cute!! I don't know if I'm crafty enough to be considered a crafter but I really do applaud the Obama love!