Today's Creative Blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://todayscreativeblog.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Notes from a Cottage Industry

As I schlep and sling my Christmas decorations around, I feel much more inspired by reading a blog like Tracey's. Notes from a Cottage Industry. This woman has style.......she's a natural. I can't believe I didn't feature her yet. I had to look at my archives a few times just to make sure.

As I am getting sucked in by Tracey's style, wit, charm and wonderful ideas, I see she spends a bit of time in Portland..........HEY! I live near Portland! HEY! I almost got married at The Portland White House.....where her daughter did. She thinks Portland is one of the best places to go junking. I have to agree, but I wish she would take me with next time.


Tracey has a small little boutique she runs on the weekend, while she works a grown up job during the week. Her boutique is her hobby.......and boy is she good at it. I'm thinking she should go into interior design.

Tracey's got gumption..........not only does she re-do furniture.......and you know I LOVE that.....


wait, there's more.........those bows kill me.


So as I was saying.........not only does she re-do furniture........but she takes on BIG projects and decided to re-do her whole kitchen. Who can blame her. That's not a suitable kitchen for a Cottage loving woman. No, No, No... and she will not settle.


BEFORE:

AFTER!!!!!! She even used one of her newly painted tables as an island. Genius! Look at the little thingy holding up the counter bar thingy. I like saying thingy.A little peek at her kitchen nook chair. Darling. She has a photo of the whole thing on her first page........all decorated for Christmas. I could hardly get off the first page. So much eye candy. I couldn't take all the photos from there, I wanted to leave a few for you. But don't stop there. She's got great archives.

I know Thanksgiving is over, but HOLY COW look at that table! Makes me want to completely rethink my holiday table for next year. WOW! To make it even better in my book.....see those little place setting frames? She bought those at Walmart and painted them! Painted them to match a cake stand.

And lookie what I found.........more picture frames! Empty picture frames. Have I mentioned lately how much I love these? I still need to share mine with you..........but Tracey's are way cooler.

OK, now it's time to go pay Miss Tracey a visit. Tell her how you found her. Enjoy all her photos, ideas and charm.

24 comments:

Janet said...

Oh Kim, don't forget she does workshops on wrapping and cupcake making and other things and makes DVDs of her workshops. She is truly amazing and inspiring. Good pick!
Janet

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Janet, Thank you! I had seen bits about this, but got distracted by all the pretty pictures.
She is amazingly talented.

Shawn said...

I've been following her blog for about a year now. Great feature. Her decorating skills are amazing. :)

Heidi said...

Wow, I love the pictures from her blog, but I love YOUR impression of the blog even more! What a fun read...now I'll go visit Tracey's blog!

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh goodie! I'm so glad you found her! I just found her blog and I'm totally in love! Yay!
~Angela :-)

Elle Jay Bee said...

I've been reading her blog for a while, now...and like you, I was sure you had already featured her!!
Isn't she amazing??!!

Linda

deb said...

LOVE her blog!

A Cottage Industry said...

Oh. My. I am BEYOND flattered that you featured me. Thank you so very much for all of the kind, kind words! You have totally, completely, utterly MADE my week!
Tracey

Cindy said...

Tracey is amazing! Her blog is one of the first ones I check every morning! She has such a flair with decorating!

Anonymous said...

Tracey is one blog I never miss! She has wonderful style and a warmth that glows through her posts. Her postings are a highlight in my day. Her gift wrapping DVD was great too- I look forward to her next one!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, Thanks so much for pointing her out! It is getting so hard to keep up with the talent out there. I am looking forward to being inspired by her!

MichelleB said...

More gorgeous inspiration! I really need to redecorate my house! Thanks for this find. :)

Kelly said...

Oh, how I adore Tracey! But here's a tip for you, Kim -- if she takes you "junking" with her, wear your running shoes! Tracey is a PRO!

~Kelly

CIELO said...

Hi Kim... Tracy is truly amazing and inspiring. I love to go there too.

You have a lovely day

Cielo

Gayla said...

Tracey is on my daily blog list. I just love her sass and style. I'm so happy I found her way earlier this summer. Your blog is amazing, andI had never found it before now. What a treat!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My, oh my, love that chair with the little bows!
Fun stopping by your blog~
Cathy

Anonymous said...

She is #1 on my blog list, I love her style, and she seems to have so much energy to get all those projects done!
Love her!!
~Angie~

Free Art Printables said...

Very cool blog! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Another great one Kim!! Thanks!!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Yup, Tracey's my favorite. I start my day off by gaining inspiration from her blog. The lady is a natural I tell ya, a born natural. And, she's so wonderful about "Sharing" her color mix, recipes, how-to instructions. Never met her, but I sure feel like I know her through her blog.

Blessings,

Sher

Tip Junkie said...

Talk about serious eye candy!! Her talent and style is so beautiful and breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Than you for showing the way to this blog! I agree with you, she has style!!

AshleyL. said...

wow! this woman is seriously creative and talented! i love her place setting ideas, white painted table, and also her outdoor garden table! I also can't help but love her painted vintage frames! Love it! : )

predden said...

Great blog!